Sunday, March 23, 2008

Geocaching in New Mexico

I started this blog as a place to talk about geocaching and other fun stuff. My first blog talks about the hard and difficult things in life, like dealing with the death of our son. Team Mopigeon is a tribute to Chris, as his nickname was Mopigeon. It's a long story I'm not going to go into at this time.
Today Cachingwidow and I went out and found 6. Well she got 7 and I got 6, since I had found one of her finds on a solo caching trip. That puts my darling bride over 700 finds, way to go Cachingwidow. We covered a lot of territory around Rio Rancho and Albuquerque to get these 6, but it was nice to have time to drive and talk. The first one was a nice little walk in a park. The others were all out in the desert. None were long walks, but they were caches other than micros. It was nice to have a day of caching with no micros. We picked up a couple of travel bugs, one was a Diabetes TB and one wants to get to Chaco Canyon Cultural Center, we should be able to help it along it's way.
My Dad's TB is still in Austrulia, which makes me very happy that it got there. Another coin was picked up in Portugal and may be heading for Canada. I'm looking forward to see where it ends up. Maybe tomorrow I will get out a get a cache or two near work.
In 2 weeks Trinity site is open. There is a virtual cache at the site, but it can only be traveled to twice a year. The first Saturday of April and the first Saturday in October. Considering what the first part of October means to us I think we will try and get down there when it is open in April.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Thanks for dropping by and saying hi. I'll be looking forward to following your adventures.

Geocaching With Team Hick@Heart

go_man said...

Looking forward to reading more!

Geocaching Online