Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday Caching

I was getting ready to go out first thing this morning and get some caches, but I ended up waiting so I didn't go until later. Then Cachingwidow and I went out to see what we could find. Several hours later we had 5 caches found, a new geocoin icon to log and an all together good day of caching. 4 of the caches were by the same cacher and they were well done caches. The only problem was putting miles on the car and burning gas at 3.25 a gallon. To think that I would be happy to pay 2 bucks a gallon.
My E-Trex Legend CX is giving me fits again. When I first got it a year and a half ago the first few caches I placed were about 60 feet off. I did a firmware upgrade and it seemed to help. Now it's off again and I don't really know what is going on with it. Last time I checked I had the latest firmware. Today it was 45 feet off from the coordinates for the first cache we found. I don't except it to be dead on, but that makes looking for a micro a bit of a challenge. I've checked it against my Nuvi and the Nuvi seems to be much closer.
Anyway I guess in the long run it's not really a big problem. Not compared to anything that really matters. Besides I can always pull out my old Rhino 110 and use it. That thing is still pretty accurate.
So, 5 caches today, an afternoon with my sweetie and I still have Sunday to go out and get a few more caches. I'd like to get to 1230 by the end of the weekend.

No comments: