Monday, March 24, 2008

Lunch Cacheing

I have pretty well taken care of the caches near my office. There are a few that came out in September for an event that I have not gone after. We had to miss the event due to Mopigeon's illness. After Mopigeon died when I finally went back to work going out and looking for geocaches at lunch just didn't seem like anything I wanted to do. After our trip to Las Vegas in Feb. I've been more enthused about going out and getting some caches.
Today I decided I was going to go get one not far from work. Chughole GC160FW and Purple Sage GC 15ZB4 were rip for the picking and I was having one of those days that I needed to get out. So off I went with my crazy (that's accurate and I have the License and Degree that says I can say so) co-worker. We looked around, at the Chughole site, went to the wrong spot then moved along closer to the cache. I won't say much about the container, because it would give it away, lets just say it was a great use of the environment in the area.
From there we went on to Purple Sage. This was an easy cache, but brought me to one of my caching pet peeves. There was supposed to be a geocoin in the cache. The finder before me had dropped it 9 days earlier. Well sure enough no coin in the cache. I really hate that. I've lost so many coins that way and it really ticks me off. I understand that putting a coin or TB out in the caching world puts it at risk to be lost. Caches get muggled, accidently or purposefully and everything inside is gone. But when people go to a cache and take a coin, that is just irritating. I put coins out to follow their progress, let me see where they can get to, kind of a way for me to travel and get a chance to visit places I've never been. But I also except, sadly that they are going to be lost. Someone is going to look at the coin and decide that they want it and add it to their collection. I have held onto coins and bugs longer than GC.Com wants us to keep them, but I always try and move them along.
Okay enough ranting. No sense letting some one else ruin a day of caching. Because the worst day of caching is still better than the best day of work.

No comments: